A rangefinder is a tool for estimating the distance of an object before shooting it. There are different types of rangefinders designed to perform different operations. There are those specifically designed for golf activities while others are designed for hunting activities. However, you can choose one to perform both activities. You just have to put up with some limitations, but a good rangefinder will serve both purposes. However, for you to buy a rangefinder that will serve both your purposes, there are some things that you should put in mind. This article is designed to help you make the right decision when looking for a rangefinder. Read on www.golfbee.net and get enlightened!
Factors to consider to consider when using one device for both activities
- Specific features of the activity– The one for hunting is designed to cover longer distances. There is a possibility of pre-loading it with ballistic data, and on top of that possess more complex Most of the hunting rangefinders have a concealment cover to prevent being spotted by the prey. This will help you to maximize the capability of the tool as well as enhance your skills. Rangefinder for golf is designed to have features like short distance calculator to measure the distance between you and the target, club suggestions, swing rate measuring and simple reticles. If you use one rangefinder designed to perform only one specific task, you will end up missing on the other target. This is the reason as to why we recommend a rangefinder which can serve to purposes rather than buying two rangefinders for both activities. Though performance will be compromised, you will save money by just acquiring one. You have to only check on the quality and buy just one that will suit both activities.
- Recheck the Yardage Distances- Rangefinders for hunting will offer much more yardage distance because their target is above 80 yards away. On this case, a rangefinder designed for golfing only may not serve you during hunting unless you are shooting for a distance of 200 yards. When dealing with ranging distance, golf rangefinders are not adequate. They offer less yardage distance as compared to hunting rangefinders. Golf rangefinders will offer target ranging distance of about 500 yards and the ranging distance being below 400yards to the target. On this case, the hunting rangefinder will work for golfing but not vice versa. Yardage distances are very vital in both activities, and therefore you are advised to be careful on matters of changing weather conditions and heat mirage which plays a very significant role on how your rangefinder detects the distance readings.
- Consider Distance Difference- The primary role of the golf rangefinder is to detect the object that is near to you by using the First Target Priority Mode and ignoring distant objects such as animals and golfers. On the other hand, a hunting gadget relies on Distant Target focus (priority) Mode to find the distant objects but ignores distractions that are closer such as trees. A rangefinder equipped and designed with both distant and nearest modes is the best because it will give you an added advantage. It can be used in both sports. Some examples of such rangefinders include Nikon Monarch, Nikon COOLSHOTt AS, and Nikon COOLSHOT 40i. They are designed in such a way that you can toggle between nearer and modes that are distant by setting the focus priority modes as per the kind of activity or sport you want to engage on.
- Essential for Weatherproof– You have to acquire a rangefinder which can withstand weather changes in both hunting and golf by ensuring that it is waterproof. An example of a superior rangefinder that can do the job properly for both golf and hunting is Leica Pinmaster ll. It can survive underwater, and this shows that it can endure lousy weather conditions.
- Display Considerations- Both these two gadgets have units with both LED and LCD. This can be an advantage or a disadvantage depending on what time of the day it is. Usually golfing is done during the day while hunting is done early in the morning or late in the evening. Always use the LED displays during cloudy days. It makes it easier to hunt as the day It is designed in a manner that you can adjust brightness allowing you to observe or to see the readings clearly. The only disadvantage to this is that it can destroy your vision, especially when hunting in the evening hours. The best choice that you can use in these two sports is a rangefinder with both backlight and LDC backlight. This will ensure that your night sight or vision is not interfered with and hence your performance will be improved. The only disadvantage in this is that it is almost impossible to find it in backlight option as it is only common on the hunting models. The best example of such rangefinder is Nikon Monarch Laser 1200.
For any sport, you want to undertake, whether hunting or golf, we encourage you to choose the right rangefinder of the highest quality. We recommend that you select the one which can perform both tasks. This will allow you to save some coins when purchasing your gadget. One has to carefully choose a laser rangefinder with appropriate features and menu options to fit both hunting and golf because not all of them have these features.
Know the factors you should consider when buying a rangefinder that will allow you to hunt and golf using the same gadget. You should not spend too much money buying two gadgets while you can just use one for both activities.